Hi, January 2019 self. Maniwala ka kay Sir Grab Driver. Tama siya. Spoiler: 2019 will be a year of a looot of firsts. 😉
And hey, you will be fine.
You’ll make it through the whole year.
Thank you for being courageous enough to start again, fail again, laugh again, cry again, and try again. I owe you big time, ghorl!
For 2020, the goal is to slow down, pay attention, connect more, and taste my coffee.
(Will elaborate the context on the next entry hihi)
Deadline: January 1, 2021
- Find my passion project
- Learn how to play kalimba.Hi, Karen my Kalimba!
- Start eating vegetables (aside from sitaw and hilaw na carrots).
- Watch Clara Benin / Cheats / 3D perform live.
- Settle all utangs! Yes to financial freedom! Wow!
- Subscribe to journaling!
- Witness a shooting star. Always.
And this year, I decided to include my #GoodbyeTo stuff. Para hindi lang puro dagdag, dapat mayroon ding pagbabawas. Naks ‘kala mo naman talaga!
Goodbye to 2019 and:
- Superduperomegaoverthinking please
- Uncomfy clothes and shoes
- Madumi living 😦
- Angkas pagpasok coz late ang gising!
- Being late sa work! (lalo na sa airport huhu)
- Too much samgyup aka samgyup every week :c
And because we’re not getting any younger lol:
Adulting101 checklist for 2020!
So paano ba ‘yan? Aja, Angge!
I am so scared. So scared of being my 2017 self again. Ayoko na nun. That’s the version of myself that’s so hard to love and accept. So messed up. So empty. Yes, she was strong for bearing everything. But I can’t be that person again. I don’t want to be that person again.
Found these scribbles on my phone’s notes.
- DATE: NOVEMBER 8, 2018 | Hindi talaga ako nagmumura in person pero nakailang mura ako rito. Anyare? Isang bote lang naman ng smirnoff ininom ko. G na g teh. Hahaha
- DATE: DECEMBER 21, 2018 | Moment of truth. I was writing my resignation letter. It felt both liberating and sad, you know. Yung kalayaan mo, may kaakibat na pagbitaw. Pero minsan, ang totoong tagumpay ay nasa pagsuko rin naman pala.
Nakakaloka. Nakakatawa. Pero nakakatuwa.
Dahil sa mga ito, I realized that no matter how messed up I am, di pa rin ako tumitigil. I’m still that girl who keeps on keeping on. I’m still capable of surprising myself. At least yun, kaya kong i-claim na kaya ko.
May kaya pa akong gawin.
Deadline: January 1, 2020
Get a new job. TYL! ❤
- Enroll in grad school. Haven’t hehe! Due to other priorities tho.
- Learn to play new musical instrument/s. Next year! Hi, Karen my Kalimba!
Learn to speak a new dialect. Madamu gid nga salamat! Pwede na ba ‘yon? LOL
- Engage in sports. Not yet :<
Volunteer. Ish? During UPB’s Kislap (Youth Camp)
- Watch CLARA BENIN / CHEATS / NOEL CABANGON / JOHNOY DANAO perform live. Nope :c
- Print photos. Did not.
- Send a postcard. Did not.
- Drink coffee/beer while watching the sea (preferably during a sunrise/sunset). No
- Witness a shooting star. Nah 😐
But hey, this year, I had a lot of new experiences I never thought I’d have. First solo plane ride, first samgyup gaming lol, first kalat na inom jusqqq, first time to meet “legendary” people (and be actually friends with them ❤ ), first legit something, and first hehe. LUH!
In short, 2019 was a year of courage, indeed.
Thank you self, for being courageous enough to start again, fail again, laugh again, cry again, and try again.
Tap on the back, Angge.
Now, onto 2020.